Measuring your windows couldn’t be easier. It won’t take long, just follow these simple instructions:
What you will need:
- Image Blinds Direct Worksheet
- Tape measure (metal ones are best for accuracy, as cloth or plastic ones may stretch)
All our blinds can be fitted onto the face (Outside Mount) of your window frame or wall, or to the top of the inside window recess. (Inside Mount). This gives you complete control over the positioning of your blind. By definition the word Blind = outside of bracket to outside of bracket. Not just the fabric.
Outside or Inside Mount?
- Outside – (On Face) – This is when you want your blind to hang outside the window recess covering the total window area including the frame from top to bottom and side to side. Measure from edge of architrave to edge of architrave, this will allow for proper overlap of the window. Remember we require a width of outside to outside of brackets, For Roller Blinds the blind skin (cloth) is approximately 16mm in from the edge of the bracket at each side. From your width we make the blind to accommodate the thickness of each bracket.
- Inside – (In Reveal) – this is when you want your blind to fit inside the window recess. Please provide inside measurement to the nearest 1mm. The factory will make any necessary deductions. Roller Blinds have an approximate 16mm gap each side.
Measuring for outside mounts
Measuring for inside mounts
Note: All blinds are made to your individual measurements, so please take extra care when measuring. The blind manufacturer will not be held responsible for incorrect measurements, supplied by the customer.
- Take all your measurements in millimetres (mm) to the nearest 1mm.
- When measuring always look for objects like window handles, tiles architraves and take their position into account if necessary, this is so you can be sure of the perfect fit.