Somfy Motors – Retractable Fabric Awnings and Roller Blinds
In the warmer months, retractable awnings and roller screens help to overcome problems of overheating, glare, fading and warping of furniture, yet allow plenty of sunshine when retracted in winter.
Awnings and screens fitted with a Somfy electric motor are as easy and comfortable to use as a touch of a button. What’s more, automatic control provides continuous protection, as the awning or screen automatically extends or retracts according to the weather.
Quiet & Discreet
The Somfy motor fits discreetly into the fabric roller tube, well out of sight. What you will see is the wall mounted switch or hand held remote control. Furthermore, motorisation eliminates the use of cranks or tapes that look unattractive. When the motor is in operations, it is whisper quiet.
There is a choice of control options to suit different requirements.
- Individual control – one control unit for one motor
- Multiple control – several control units for one motor
- Group control – one control unit for several motors
- Master control – one control switch for all motors
- Automatic control – one, several or all motors controlled according to the weather
Wired and wireless options are available.
Manual awnings fitted with cranks and tapes can at times jam and take considerable time to unwind and operate. Motorisation means an awning can be smoothly extended or retracted at the touch of a button, prolonging the life of the awning.
Light Management, Energy Savings and Security
Automatic control systems provide continuous protection. Awnings and roller screens automatically extend or retract according to the weather. This has several benefits such as:
- Reduce discomfort caused by glare
- Maintain a comfortable indoor temperature, even when no one is around. This helps reduce cooling costs.
- Security; the building appears to be occupied at all times.
- Free Measure and Quote
For a free measure and quote, or to receive more information